Friday Finds: Springtime
1. Ways to make your home smell like springtime - I love apartment therapy, if you haven't noticed, and this article is a great example of why! Easy, cheap, quick ways to make your home smell like spring, even if it doesn't look that way outside (I'm looking at you my Midwestern friends). You can bet I'll be setting aside some time next weekend to make these amazing lemon beeswax candles.
2. The relationship between food and mood - As we approach summer and fresh produce expands in our grocery store, it's time to consider that maybe we are what we eat.
3. Dandelion Tea/Coffee - Turns out roasted dandelion can be similar to coffee in taste, and it's got health benefits too. It doesn't have the caffeine, but if you're an addict like me, it might be time to cut down and rely on some morning sunshine to wake you up. Try 1/2 dandelion 1/2 coffee to begin your taper, and we can celebrate the health benefits (good for liver, gut, and detox) without the jitters.
4. Embracing Change - Each new season brings a great opportunity for change and mindfulness. How will you accept/face/make change?
5. Paleo Diet - As summer approaches, diets are rampant. Don't fall victim to one of the juggernauts, the paleo diet. This article takes a different approach, forgoing nutritional critique, and focusing instead on the lack of evolutionary evidence for this diet.